This page list the stories of Sluggy Freelance in the same way they are structured in the comics own archive. Each story is briefly described here, with links to a more throughout presentation.
For a presentation of the different overarching storylines in the comic, see storylines presentation.
Book 1: Is It Not Nifty?Edit
Chapter 1: Is It Not Nifty?Edit
- In which Satan possesses a computer.
- In which Bun-bun joins the cast.
- In which Bun-bun fights to remain the strip's cute talking animal.
- In which demons are summoned for fun and profit.
Chapter 2: The Sci-fi AdventureEdit
Chapter 3: Holiday SeasonsEdit
- In which Bun-bun takes part in cosmetic animal testing.
- In which Zoe gets a job in show buisness.
- In which PETA stops by for dinner.
- In which zombies attack!
- In which many running gags are born.
- In which Zoe has too much to drink.
Chapter 4: The Slug-FilesEdit
- In which Torg goes on a blind date.
- In which an old friend returns.
- In which the gang take a trip to Vermont for skiing and a psychotherapy seminar
- In which an alien learns to drive.
- In which the government cracks down on illegal aliens.
Book 2: Worship the ComicEdit
- In which Torg gets entangled with someone's wife.
Chapter 6: Torg Goes to HellEdit
- In which Torg winds up somewhere unpleasant.
- In which Parallel Dimensions lead to hilarious mix-ups.
Chapter 7: Summer VacationEdit
- In which Aylee goes through some changes
- In which a road-trip goes horribly awry.
- In which the gang hits the beach.
- In which Bun-bun is trapped on a desert island
- In which Aylee truly blossoms.
- In which things get serious.
- In which a daring rescue is attempted and a great evil fought.
Book 3: When Holidays Attack!Edit
Chapter 9: Return of the Holiday SeasonsEdit
- In which a werewolf fights a demon.
- In which we flashback the horrible internetless 80s.
- In which Torg and Riff get trapped in a cursed pyramid.
- In which a british treasure hunter helps the boys out.
- In which Gwynn has a new boyfriend and Torg goes feral.
- In which Gwynn turns out to be a real witch.
- In which Riff finds new and exciting ways to electrocute people.
- In which Gwynn brings about The End.
- In which puns save the world yet again.
- In which Gwynn is in a coma and Marilyn Manson is blamed.
Chapter 11: Mecha Easter BunnyEdit
- In which Santa and the Easter Bunny form a deadly alliance.
- In which Santa finally defeats Bun-bun?
Chapter 12: The Time MachineEdit
- In which Bert's world is a crotch and Zoe has a crush.
- In which Zoe and Torg get a blast from the past.
- In which we catch up with Sam.
Chapter 13: Loose EndsEdit
- In which Dr. Schlock is back... From the Future!
- In which Bun-bun has amnesia and makes a very poor business decision
Chapter 14: The Storm Breaker SagaEdit
- In which Torg and Zoe discover the exciting world of medieval politics.
- In which old enemies show up and complicate matters.
- In which The Trents and the Mercians go to war.
- In which K'Z'K steals the Book of E-Ville.
- In which our heroes look for a book in a questionable cave.
- In which the storm and breaker go toe to toe.
- In which Storms break and bugs squish.
Chapter 15: The Isle of Doctor SteveEdit
- In which Bun-Bun, Kiki and Torg go camping, whether they like it or not.
- In which Oasis is introduced, and the only man with answers is killed.
- In which a G-g-ghost goes for Torg.
- In which Aylee gets some help from a carnivorous mammoth.
- In which there is a User Friendly crossover.
- In which a ball drops and the world ends.
Book 5: Yippy Skippy, The Evil!Edit
Chapter 17: Kiki's VirusEdit
- In which the Y2K bug puts Torg, Riff, and Zoe into a coma. And Bun-bun has too much rum.
- In which the cure for the Y2K bug is found inside of a computer generated dream world.
- In which Kiki's special friend is revealed.
Chapter 18: Love PotionEdit
- In which the demons in the Dimension of Pain play with a magical ball.
- In which Gwynn finds a solution to her romantic difficulties. Um, well, sort of...
- In which Pete disappears, along with our heroes. Whoever will replace them?
- In which the aftereffects of the love potion are dealt with.
Chapter 19: K I T T E NEdit
- In which Aylee gets a new form and a new ability that causes everyone a great inconvenience.
- In which Bun-bun takes a narrating gig.
Chapter 20: On the RunEdit
- In which Torg, Riff, Zoe, Aylee, and Kiki, hiding from Bun-bun's revenge, relax in the Caribbean.
- In which Bun-bun secures the services of a rogue cell of Christmas elves, led by Squishydodo, and tracks his quarries to the beach.
- In which Qaboos al-Fin helps Riff et al. to evade Bun-bun, while Dr. Crabtree attempts to find and eliminate Kiki.
- In which Bun-bun, his targets, and Dr. Crabtree converge, and the plotline is resolved.
- In which the protagonists get to know Sasha, grapple with ensuing emotional issues, and have a steak funeral.
- In which the Black Ops Elves head to the North Pole to confront an alien menace.
- In which Kiki is possessed by the ghost of Ayn Rand. Story by Ian McDonald.
Chapter 22: The Bug, the Witch, and the RobotEdit
- In which K'Z'K-dominated Gwynn reaches out to her friends via dreams, and Riff builds the Mark-5 to defend against her.
- In which Torg, Sasha, and Kiki visit Le Snootier to look for Oasis, but find Kusari and Hereti-Corp agents as well.
- In which Torg witnesses a death at the hospital.
Book 7: A Very Big BangEdit
Chapter 23: Spring in the AirEdit
- In which Bun-bun summons the Groundhog's Shadow and enlists the Black Ops Elves to work Easter with him.
- In which Kiki pesters Bun-bun and Riff demonstrates some psychotropic drugs.
- In which no-longer-functional mad libs are located.
- In which a distressing discovery in Torg's office turns him feral.
- In which Riff tells Torg of his experiences on a strangely allegorical island.
- In which Aylee founds a web design company.
Chapter 24: GOFOTRON Champion of the CosmosEdit
- In which Torg, Riff, and Bun-bun, fluxed into an alternate dimension, contend with the bounty hunter Lodoze.
- In which Gofotron battles the Zorgons.
- In which Torg, Riff, Bun-bun, Lord Grater, and Princess-Princess travel to Chau-5, while Team Gofotron breaks in a replacement.
- In which the aforementioned five escape a brawl with Lodoze by stealing his ship, and Zorgon Gola reveals his plan threatening the destruction of the universe.
- In which sheer stupidity brings Zorgon Gola's plan to an unforeseen end, and our heroes return home.
- Concerning the development of AyleeOrgNet during the boys' absence and Zoe's life back home in Nebraska.
- In which character portraits are displayed.
- In which Torg faces off against Isp, Osp, and the newly awakened Mosp in the basement, while Aylee picks off party guests one by one.
- In which the survivors of the party recover and reassess their situations.
Book 8: Fire and RainEdit
Chapter 26: Brie Meighsaton HouseEdit
- In which the roommates uncover the mystery of their haunted house.
- In which Bun, Bun-bun, is tasked with saving Christmas from Snowfinger and his cargo of mutagenic alien spores.
- In which respect for vacation time requires LEGO comics instead of drawn ones.
Chapter 27: Fire and RainEdit
- In which various characters reflect on Zoe.
- In which Zoe flees for her life.
- In which Oasis suffers a paralyzing crisis of identity.
Chapter 28: That Amazing ChapterEdit
- In which Bun-bun has a snowball fight against the rest of the house.
- In which Reakk destroys Lord Horribus's crystal unicorn collection. Art by Jeffrey T. Darlington.
- In which Joe Sunday presents more filler strips.
- In which Joe Sunday presents strips drawn and elected by Sluggites.
- In which something happens to Zoe. What did you expect?
Book 9: Dangerous DaysEdit
Chapter 30: Dangerous Days AheadEdit
Chapter 31: Torg Potter and the Sorcerer's NutsEdit
Chapter 32: Scary ChapterEdit
Book 10: Ghosts in the GastankEdit
Chapter 33: A Seed of KnowledgeEdit
- In which the alien Santa reviews the naughty vs. nice status of our heroes.
- In which Bun-bun conspires with Kiki to kill Santa, and Torg tries to buy Riff a gift.
- In which Bun-bun and the 2002 personage discuss the attack on Santa Claus, and then the outgoing personage of 2003 explains why he sabotaged the attack.
- In which Stephen Hawking presents alternate outcomes to certain Sluggy storylines.
Chapter 34: Kesandru's WellEdit
Comics not yet in booksEdit
Chapter 35: Magic FlapEdit
Chapter 36: Torg Potter and the Chamberpot of SecretionsEdit
Chapter 37: Holiday Wars: HalloweenEdit
Chapter 38: Holiday Wars: ThanksgivingEdit
Chapter 39: Holiday Wars: ChristmasEdit
Chapter 40: Boys' Night OutEdit
Chapter 41: Freelance BumsEdit
Chapter 42: That Which RedeemsEdit
Chapter 43: That Which Redeems IIEdit
Chapter 44: Most Wonderful Time...Edit
Chapter 45: Oceans UnmovingEdit
Chapter 46: Living ConditionsEdit
Chapter 47: Torg Potter and the President from ArkansasEdit
Chapter 48: Oceans Unmoving IIEdit
In which Bun-bun fights the Obsidian Teknokon and loses. The identity of the Obsidian Teknokon is revealed.
In which Kada finds Teknokon One, gains information from an old friend, and loses a new friend.
Chapter 50: Phoenix RisingEdit
Chapter 51: Brain GamesEdit
- Lies Within
- Lies Without
- *Bikini Suicide Sasha Days*
- *Heart of Hearts*
- Mind (Continued)
- The Halves and Half-knots
- Code Boom
Chapter 53: A Time for HealingEdit
- Alien Specious
- *Stick-Figures in Spaaaaaace 3*
- Flash Forward Z1
- Monkey Business
- Flash Forward Z2
- The Last Day
- Now Z3
- The 2007 Christmas Super-Special
Chapter 54: Mandatory ApplauseEdit
Chapter 55: Torg Potter and the Giblets with FiberEdit
Chapter 56: A Time for Hair-RaisingEdit
- "Hair"brained Scheme
- That's the Spirit!
- The Perfect Wish
- Housewarming Picnic
- *Fragile Gravity*
- *Stick-Figures in spaaaaaace 4*
- Strung Along
Chapter 57: Years of YarncraftEdit
- In which Dr. Schlock reminisces over the past year in charge of Hereti-Corp.
- In which holiday drawings are created as filler.
- In which Sam returns and converses with Torg.
- In which the Fate Spider returns and reveals a fatal tangle in the web of fate.
- In which Torg, Riff, and Gwynn find a new companion.
- In which Oasis' full fury is released.
- In which someone dies, and someone else goes insane.
- In which questions are answered, and more are raised.
- In which someone gets sick.
- In which two characters disappear.
- In which old friends are reunited for a rescue mission.
- In which Kiki torments Zombie Head on a Stick.
- In which Riff ends up in an alternate dimension where drugs are used to keep everyone happy.
- In which Gwynn fights in a gladiatorial arena in this guest artist story written by T Campbell and illustrated by John Waltrip.
- In which Torg and the other minions of the Minion Master attempt to steal a displacement drive vehicle from a criminal mastermind (sort of).
- In which The Valley that Time Forgot Lost in the Center of the Earth, is rediscovered by Father Time.
Chapter 61: Perspective Edit
- In which Torg comes back after an absence, and Bun-Bun leaves the group.
- In which the Oasis Contingent reenacts some classic Sluggy Strips in WOW.
- In which tales are told of Torg's absence.
- In which Riff awakens to a new identity and new comrades.
- In which a series of paintings of favorite characters is produced.
- In which the stick crew escape their horrible fate to end up in a worse one.
- In which secrets are revealed and Riff takes on a new mission.
- In which the minions return for an operation against Dr. NoFun.
- In which Pete gives us previews to exclusive stories in books and exclusive Defenders of the Nifty content.
- In which Dr. NoFun's technicians fall prey to the Squid on a Stick, and Torg plans his escape (well, sort of).
- In which Sam and Sasha go on a date, and Torg remembers good friends lost.
- In which Pete gives his Sluggites some arts and crafts projects.
Chapter 62: 4U City Red Edit
- In which Torg attempts another offensive against Hereti-Corp, and Bun-bun expounds his philosophy on investments.
- In which Dr. Schlock attempts to maintain control on Hereti-Corp.
- In which the 4U City Revolution takes place. All over a lack of coffee.
- In which Torg and Riff rehearse the best way to tell Zoe the story about 4U City. All in front of her while she's tied up.
- In which more crafts are crafted.
- In which everyone fills in everyone else.
- In which our heroes protect Zoe by trolling about online. And Torg plants a garden.
- In which Bun-bun causes trouble. (Yes, we know, that's every chapter, but this one's all about that.)
- In which Torg attempts to extract revenge for his decimated garden, and everyone becomes obsessed with a MyFace game.
- In which the aforementioned MyFace game causes the zombie apocalypse.
Chapter 64: The Research and Development WarsEdit
- In which Hereti-Corp attempts to pick up the pieces and track down our heroes.
- In which our heroes coordinate and collaborate with Crushestro. Sometimes with interesting headgear.
- In which our heroes go in to rescue Sasha.
- In which a long kept secret is revealed. Also, explosions!
- Nofun comes out to play.